The Fund for LMU consists of donations that are utilized by LMU for current year use. Tuition covers 83% of the cost of an LMU education. And, unlike some of our peers, LMU's endowment currently does not generate the income required to meet the immediate needs of our students. Gifts to The Fund for LMU allow the university to maximize opportunities and address our most pressing needs, ensuring LMU is meeting the ever-growing requirements of a 21st century education. Please help us honor our past as we build our future - make your gift today. LMU's giving year begins June 1 and runs through May 31.
Every gift has the power to have an impact. Individually and collectively, your gifts enable us to provide students with irreplaceable educational experiences that shape their dreams and set them on the path to lifelong success. Your donation helps build state-of-the-art facilities, support unique student opportunities and finance the research grants that attract exceptional faculty members. Charitable donations of all sizes ensure that LMU remains a premier Catholic institution.
Designate Your Gift
The Fund for LMU provides complete flexibility to where you direct your gift and how you choose to give. We encourage you to give to your favorite LMU school or program, as these gifts are often the only source of discretionary funds available to deans and directors to respond to unforeseen opportunities and needs.
There are 1,012 different programs, organizations and departments that you may support at LMU. Be sure to designate your favorite school or program on our online giving form. If you'd like your money to go directly toward LMU's most pressing needs, we encourage you to designate your gift to "LMU's Greatest Needs."
More than 1,000 companies offer matching gift programs that can double, or even triple, your gift. LMU received $231,646 in matching gifts from 334 donors in 2011-12. Check our database of companies.
Make checks payable to Loyola Marymount University and mail to:
Office of Development Services
1 LMU Drive, Suite 2800
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Please provide your name, address and class year along with your check.
Alumni support, through gifts to The Fund for LMU, provides the resources for a world-class education for Loyola Marymount University students. There are many reasons alumni support The Fund for LMU, including:
- Demonstrate confidence in your education by enhancing the prestige of the university
- Ensure that the legacy of excellence passes to the next generation of LMU students
- Invest in programs that make a difference in the world
- Serve as an example and leader to others
Your gift to The Fund for LMU shows your commitment, your connection to classmates, and your dedication the students of today and tomorrow. No gift is too small, and every gift counts.
Top Alumni Designations (by donors)
- LMU's Greatest Needs
- LionsFund (LMU Athletics)
- Frank R. Seaver College of Science and Engineering
- Peg Dolan, RSHM Campus Ministry Center
- College of Business Administration
- William H. Hannon Library
- Student Scholarship Fund
- Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts
- School of Education
- African American Alumni Association Scholarship
- MBA Program
- Latino Alumni Association Scholarship
- College of Communication and Fine Arts
- School of Film and Television
We strongly encourage you to make a donation to LMU – not only because it will help current students, but also because it will increase our alumni participation rate. What is a participation rate? It is the percentage of alumni who provide financial contributions to the university during the year. This is NOT a measure of the amount of the gift, but rather the NUMBER of graduates who give. What you may not realize is how important this participation rate is to the university.
Why is the alumni participation rate so important to you and LMU?
- U.S. News & World Report uses the alumni participation rate as the ONLY indicator of alumni satisfaction when it publishes its annual ranking of colleges and universities. As our ranking increases, the value of an LMU degree increases as well.
- Many foundations consider an institution's alumni participation rate when awarding grants. With a low alumni participation rate, LMU's eligibility or qualification for grant monies may be lost.
- LMU aspires to national prominence. To achieve that goal, the alumni participation rate must increase to that of similar educational institutions.