Scholarships & Microgrants
The Alliance of Women Philanthropists (AWP) is committed to investing in the mission of Loyola Marymount University through annually awarding scholarships and microgrants to deserving students and programs. Scholarship and Microgrant recipients are selected annually by Visionary and Champion Members of AWP.
AWP offers scholarships for financial assistance to students enrolled at Loyola Marymount University.
AWP scholarship criteria and guidelines:
- Must be a full-time LMU undergraduate, LMU graduate, or Loyola Law School student
- Good academic standing with a minimum GPA 3.0
- Based on high financial need as determined by the student’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Preference for female recipient.
- The recipient may be asked to attend and address a meeting of the Alliance of Women Philanthropists annually.
- The scholarship is renewable, but must apply annually.
- Provide an essay answering ONE of the following (in 500 words or less):
- Describe a female role model in your life and explain how her leadership has impacted you.
- Describe a life experience or challenge that you felt demonstrated your leadership and was transformative to your growth.
The AWP scholarship application for acadamic year 2021 - 2022 is CLOSED. To apply, please visit the scholarships site.
AWP invites officers of registered LMU student organizations, faculty and staff to submit proposals for funding for events or programs.
AWP Microgrant criteria and guidelines:
- AWP looks for events/programs that empower women, raise awareness of women’s issues and/or facilitate interaction between students, faculty, administrators, and alumni.
- Previous recipients of an AWP Microgrant may reapply annually. Please note, a previous award does not guarantee repeated or similar funding.
- Microgrant applications of $10,000 or more may require a presentation to membership (in person or video proposal).
- AWP Microgrants will not be used to fund: conference fees, salary, or travel.
- AWP has a preference for events/programs with high student attendees/impact.
- If awarded an AWP Microgrant, recipients must submit the provided AWP final reporting form and budget by eight weeks postmortem of event/program, or May 1 (whichever comes first).
Past microgrant recipients have included: Google Computer Summer Science Institute (CSE), Women's in Athletics Celebration, POWER Summit (CBA), Walk With Women Fashion Show (student fundraiser), Alpha Kappa Alpha Skee Week (SFL).
Applications for June 2021 consideration are due Friday, May 7, 2021. If you would like to apply for an AWP Microgrant, please fill out this form.
Have a question about off-cycle funding? Please email email@example.com.